I'd like to get 4:30 PM of the current day. Hard-coding this way doesn't work:
SELECT '07242012 16:30:00.000'
This is proving to be more difficult than I thought it would be. How do I approach this?
I'd like to get 4:30 PM of the current day. Hard-coding this way doesn't work:
SELECT '07242012 16:30:00.000'
This is proving to be more difficult than I thought it would be. How do I approach this?
Probably the easiest thing to do is to cast the current date/time to a date (stripping the time off), cast it back to a datetime to allow use of datetime's overloaded + (plus) and, finally cast your desired textual time to a datetime. As follows:
select cast(cast(sysutcdatetime() as date) as datetime) + cast('16:30' as datetime)
returns (when run on 11th Jan 2018):
2018-01-11 16:30:00.000
You can construct this as you like with day, hour, minute etc.
SELECT CURDATE() - interval 1 DAY + interval 2
select(dateadd(day, datediff(day, 0, getdate()), 0) + '20:00') as specified_date
specified_date - Output Column name
20:00 - Specified time(24 hr Format -Default)
getdate() - To get Today's date.