How to pinch out in iOS simulator when map view is only a portion of the screen?

Viewed 80078

I have a view on the iPad that I'm adding an MKMapView to that is say half the height of the full screen. However, when I try to pinch out on the iOS Simulator it doesn't work since the to nubs fill the entire iPad view on the simulator.

And so, with the map view half the screen and I press the Option key on the keyboard I cannot grab the map to pinch out.

Anyone know how to handle this?

9 Answers

Updated Solution:

Holding Option and Command gives you 2 finger vectors that spread out and in. Holding the mouse button down on the way in will pinch in and visa versa for spreading out.

2022 UPDATE

To zoom in

alt/option + pinch in using mouse

Alternate option: control + click (This will place a gray circle on the map, now you can click and drag your mouse to zoom in and out. If you want to disable it, just click on the circle again)

To zoom out

alt/option + pinch out using mouse

To get flat view of the map

Zoom to an area in map then Shift + alt/option + click and drag mouse

There is another way to do this:

1- While holding the control key click with the mouse on where you would like to center the pinch gesture. This will cause one gray dot to remain on the screen. (Once its there, you can let go of the control key)

2- Now you can use the mouse to click and drag around the gray dot you specified in step 1

Once you are done you can remove the gray dot by tapping on it

Related