How can I interpolate georeferenced data in python?

Viewed 5403

I have many lines of georeferenced hydrological data with weekly resolution:

Station name, Lat, Long, Week 1 average, Week 2 average ... Week 52 average

Unfortunately, I also have some data with only monthly resolution:

Station name, Lat, Long, January average, February average ... December average

Rather than "reinventing the wheel," can anyone recommend a favorite module, package, or technique that would provide a reasonable interpolation of weekly values from monthly values? Linear would be fine, but it would be nice if we could use the coordinates to improve the interpolation based on nearby stations.

I've tagged this post with python because it's the language I've been using recently (although not its statistical functions). If the answer is "use a stats program like r" so be it, but I'm curious as to what's out there for python. Thanks!

4 Answers
Related