Bitmap out of memory error in android...

Viewed 7135

I am working in an android application and I am using a bitmap to bind an image to an ImageView. My requirement is to rotate that ImageView and give a border to that ImageView. I have successfully implemented this, but after the application uses this activity two-three times a "force close" error appears saying Bitmap out of VM memory. Please help me to minimize the bitmap memory consumption in my code. And let me know how to modify the code for the same?

final int BORDER_WIDTH = 5;
        // Set the border color
        final int BORDER_COLOR = Color.WHITE;
        Bitmap res = Bitmap.createBitmap(CAPTURE_IMAGE.getWidth() + 2
                * BORDER_WIDTH, CAPTURE_IMAGE.getHeight() + 2 * BORDER_WIDTH,
                CAPTURE_IMAGE.getConfig());
        System.gc();
        Canvas canvas = new Canvas(res);
        Paint paint = new Paint();
        paint.setColor(BORDER_COLOR);
        canvas.drawRect(0, 0, res.getWidth(), res.getHeight(), paint);

        canvas.drawBitmap(CAPTURE_IMAGE, BORDER_WIDTH, BORDER_WIDTH, paint);
        Matrix mat = new Matrix();
        // Set the Imageview position
        mat.postRotate(355);

        bMapRotate = Bitmap.createBitmap(res, 0, 0, res.getWidth(),
                res.getHeight(), mat, true);
        System.gc();
        res.recycle();
        res = null;
        paint = null;
        canvas = null;
        mat = null;
        // Set the captured bitmap image in the imageview
        mShareImageView.setImageBitmap(bMapRotate);
4 Answers
Related