Is there a way to retrieve Google Map Longitude & Latitude from Addresses in Spreadsheet?

Viewed 16120

I am currently working with a data listing and one of my columns of data is an address of the listing. I plan on plotting each of my addresses on a Google Map, but I would like to avoid having to manually paste the address into Google to obtain the parameters I need which are.

  • Longitude
  • Latitude

My excel sheet (Or I have it in Google Docs spreadsheet) contains about 3000 addresses. So I was hoping that there is someway to try and automatically get these extra column data so I can import into my backend.

I am going to be importing a CSV file into my database (As I have set up the long and lat's as custom fields that will be imported) so I need the final values as columns in my excel sheet. I have attached an example.

Any help would be appreciated

enter image description here

5 Answers
Related