how to increase java heap memory permanently?

Viewed 149646

I have one problem with java heap memory. I developed one client server application in java which is run as a windows service it requires more than 512MB of memory. I have 2GB of RAM but when I run my application it throws an exception

Out of memory error:java heap space

but I have already set heap size (maximum 512MB) in the java control panel and I still get the same error. I can't set heap size through the command line because my application runs as a windows service so how can I increase the default heap size?

5 Answers

You also use this below to expand the memory

export _JAVA_OPTIONS="-Xms512m -Xmx1024m -Xss512m -XX:MaxPermSize=1024m"

Xmx specifies the maximum memory allocation pool for a Java virtual machine (JVM)

Xms specifies the initial memory allocation pool.

Xss setting memory size of thread stack

XX:MaxPermSize: the maximum permanent generation size

Related