Start activity by clicking on widget

Viewed 33507

I newbie at programming Android and I try to do a widget which has be able get some data from ISP about my account. There are a lot of unknown things how to do it, but I have did a few things - I've got a widget with configure activity, where user should type login and password. Widget stores the data in SharedPerferences, and when it's time to update widget I use a Service to start an AsyncTask to getting it from ISP an account data. Now I want to do start an activity by click on widget. I've tried all advice which I found on this site and widget can't start activity. My widget based on another widget which placed here https://github.com/Arturus/MetrikaWidget. I dont understand what and where I should change to start activity by clicking on my widget. Thanks.

UPDATE: My update function, where I suggest I should place PendingIntent

@Override
public void onUpdate(Context context, AppWidgetManager appWidgetManager, int[] appWidgetIds)
{
    Log.d(TAG, "onUpdate");

    for (int appWidgetId : appWidgetIds)
    {
        updateAppWidget(context, appWidgetManager, appWidgetId);
    }

    /* An updateAppWidget functions looks like as:

    Intent intent = new Intent(context, UpdateWidgetService.class);
    intent.putExtra(AppWidgetManager.EXTRA_APPWIDGET_IDS, appWidgetIds);
    context.startService(intent);
    */

    Intent intent = new Intent(context, DetailedStatActivity.class);
    PendingIntent pendingIntent = PendingIntent.getService(context, 0, intent, 0);

    RemoteViews views = new RemoteViews(context.getPackageName(), R.layout.layout);

    views.setOnClickPendingIntent(R.id.layout, pendingIntent);

    ComponentName componentName = new ComponentName(context.getPackageName(), WidgetProvider.class.getName());

    appWidgetManager.updateAppWidget(componentName, views);
}
3 Answers
Related