how to check an dispatch_async block has finished running

Viewed 12224

So basically I need to be able to run a segue after a block has finished running. I have a block which does some JSON stuff and I need to know when that has finished running.

I have a queue which I have called json_queue.

jsonQueue = dispatch_queue_create("com.jaboston.jsonQueue", NULL);

I then have a dispatch_async block with this syntax:

  dispatch_async(jsonQueue, ^{
  [self doSomeJSON];
  [self performSegueWithIdentifier:@"modaltomenu" sender:self];
  });

It wont let me perform the line: "[self performSegueWithIdentifier:@"modaltomenu" sender:self];"

Tried to obtain the web lock from a thread other than the main thread or the web thread. This may be a result of calling to UIKit from a secondary thread. Crashing now...

Where can I check to find out when the thread has done its dirty work so i can call the segue?

Thankyou lovely people.

PS: beer and ups and teddy bears and flowers to whoever can help <3.

2 Answers
Related