Where can I find Microsoft.Build.Utilities.v3.5

Viewed 19546

How can I get Microsoft.Build.Utilities.v3.5? I am using StyleCop 4.7 and it would seem that StyleCop msbuild task which is in Stylecop.dll has as a dependency Microsoft.Build.Utilities.v3.5. Do you know how can I obtain that dll? I mean what should I download and install in order to get that dll (installing Visual Studio is not an option)

4 Answers

I had a similar issue and the solution was install .net framework v.3.5.

This should be very simple on windows, just accessing Turn Windows feature on or off and then check .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0).

However I had problem to turn on this feature on my machine, because after checking, the download of resources always returned error.

After searching I found a solution for my case as follows in the video:

"How to fix .NET Framework 3.5 Error 0x800f081f in Windows 10": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHQqb7IOHZE

Basically, it's necessary to download a .CAB file, move it to C:\ and then run a command in the prompt command.

Link to the .CAB file: http://www.mediafire.com/download/gaflwfg9tth889o/microsoft-windows-netfx3-ondemand-package.cab

Command (Requires to open command prompt as Admnistrator): Dism.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /source:C:\ /LimitAccess

The information, link and command has been extracted from the video and its description.

Related