open failed: EBUSY (Device or resource busy)

Viewed 36756

I have a strange error in my App.

In my app it is possible to download a zipFile, read the content as what it is and also delete it. Its doesn't matter what exactly it is.

Problem: Only on the Motorola Xoom (version 4.0.4) I can download the file, unzip it, I can read the data and I can delete everything. But if I try to Download the file again and while it unzip the file and copy the files to SD-Card it crashes with the error EBUSY (Device or resource busy).

  1. Why is it working only the first time?
  2. What means that error?
  3. Why i get this error only on the Xoom?

I can't find any solution for that. On all other devices it works fine, no errors or problems.

LogCat:

07-18 12:27:46.774: E/PrepareMagTask(10057): IOException
07-18 12:27:46.774: E/PrepareMagTask(10057): java.io.FileNotFoundException: /mnt/sdcard/Android/data/com.xxxxxx.android/files/content/23760/emag.db: open failed: EBUSY (Device or resource busy)
07-18 12:27:46.774: E/PrepareMagTask(10057):    at libcore.io.IoBridge.open(IoBridge.java:406)
07-18 12:27:46.774: E/PrepareMagTask(10057):    at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:88)
07-18 12:27:46.774: E/PrepareMagTask(10057):    at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:73)
07-18 12:27:46.774: E/PrepareMagTask(10057):    at com.xxxxx.android.util.io.ZipHelper.uncompressEntry(ZipHelper.java:35)
07-18 12:27:46.774: E/PrepareMagTask(10057):    at com.xxxxx.android.task.PrepareMagTask.doInBackground(PrepareMagTask.java:271)
07-18 12:27:46.774: E/PrepareMagTask(10057):    at com.xxxxx.android.task.PrepareMagTask.doInBackground(PrepareMagTask.java:1)
07-18 12:27:46.774: E/PrepareMagTask(10057):    at android.os.AsyncTask$2.call(AsyncTask.java:264)
07-18 12:27:46.774: E/PrepareMagTask(10057):    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:305)
07-18 12:27:46.774: E/PrepareMagTask(10057):    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:137)
07-18 12:27:46.774: E/PrepareMagTask(10057):    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1076)
07-18 12:27:46.774: E/PrepareMagTask(10057):    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:569)
07-18 12:27:46.774: E/PrepareMagTask(10057):    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:856)
07-18 12:27:46.774: E/PrepareMagTask(10057): Caused by: libcore.io.ErrnoException: open failed: EBUSY (Device or resource busy)
07-18 12:27:46.774: E/PrepareMagTask(10057):    at libcore.io.Posix.open(Native Method)
07-18 12:27:46.774: E/PrepareMagTask(10057):    at libcore.io.BlockGuardOs.open(BlockGuardOs.java:110)
07-18 12:27:46.774: E/PrepareMagTask(10057):    at libcore.io.IoBridge.open(IoBridge.java:390)
07-18 12:27:46.774: E/PrepareMagTask(10057):    ... 11 more

It crashes at line 35 in my ZipHelper class:

FileHelper.copy(zipFile.getInputStream(entry), new FileOutputStream(outputFile), modify);

getInputStream(entry) ... and I really dont know why?

Is there a method to wait for the device or recourse, when it is busy? This is happened every time I try to unzip the file, the app tries it 5 time (Downloading -> Unzip) and it crashes every time.

EDIT: We found out, its not only the Xoom. We also have the error with the Asus Transformer with the version 4.0.4

7 Answers
Related