Cell Style Alignment on a range

Viewed 140275

I'm having a problem fromatting cells in an excel sheet. For some reason my code seems to be changing the style of all cells when I just want to change the style of a few specified, or a specified range.

Here's some of the code that I am using:

app = new Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Application();
workbook = app.Workbooks.Add(1);
worksheet = (Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Worksheet)workbook.Sheets[1];

//Change all cells' alignment to center
worksheet.Cells.Style.HorizontalAlignment = Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.XlHAlign.xlHAlignCenter;

//But then this line changes every cell style back to left alignment
worksheet.Cells[y + 1, x + 2].Style.HorizontalAlignment = Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.XlHAlign.xlHAlignLeft;

Why would it change the style of multiple cells when I set it to just work on one? Is it not supposed to work how I want it to? Is there another way of doing this?

8 Answers

Manikandan's answer is good. For SpreadSheetGear users (a C# framework for interacting easier with spreadsheets) try this:

workbook.Worksheets[0].Cells["B1:B4"].HorizontalAlignment = HAlign.Center;. This will align all the cells in your sheet from B1 to B4 (column 2- row 1 through 4).

Related