nginx django 502 bad gateway

Viewed 27601

I am using uWSGI and Nginx to server up my Django website (1.4 version). My file structure is django_mysite/django_mysite/ in which there is a wsgi.py file.
I keep getting 502 Bad gateway errors. I have other servers running of nginx and they are working fine.

My nginx config:

server {
  listen      80;
  server_name beta.example.com;

  keepalive_timeout 70;

  root /path/to/django_mysite/django_mysite;


  location root {
        root   html;
        uwsgi_pass   localhost:9000;
        uwsgi_param UWSGI_SCRIPT django_wsgi;
        include        uwsgi_params;
    }

  location / {
        uwsgi_pass   localhost:9000;
        include        uwsgi_params;
        uwsgi_param SCRIPT_NAME /django;
        uwsgi_param UWSGI_SCRIPT django_wsgi;
        uwsgi_modifier1 30;
    }
}

My wsgi.py file: import sys import os

sys.path.append('/path/to/django_mysite/')
 os.environ.setdefault("DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE", "django_mysite.settings")

import django.core.handlers.wsgi
application = django.core.handlers.wsgi.WSGIHandler()

The error in the log is:

*3 recv() failed (104: Connection reset by peer) while reading response header from upstream

Thanks

3 Answers

In my case the problem was with the uwsgi configuration. I added buffer-size = 65535 in the uwsgi conf of my application and the problem with error 502 was resolved on the server

Related