Download first 1000 images from google search

Viewed 18455

I do some search to google images

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=panda&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1287&bih=672&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=qW4FUJigJ4jWtAbToInABg

and the result is thousands of photos. I am looking for a shell script that will download the first n images, for example 1000 or 500.

How can I do this ?

I guess I need some advanced regular expressions or something like that. I was trying many things but to no avail, can someone help me please?

10 Answers

I used this to download 1000 images and it 100% worked for me: atif93/google_image_downloader

after you download it open terminal and install Selenium

$ pip install selenium --user

then check your python version

$ python --version

If running python 2.7 then to down download 1000 images of pizza run:

$ python image_download_python2.py 'pizza' '1000'

If running python 3 then to down download 1000 images of pizza run:

$ python image_download_python3.py 'pizza' '1000'

The breakdown is:

python image_download_python2.py <query> <number of images>
python image_download_python3.py <query> <number of images>

query is the image name your looking for and the number of images is 1000. In my example above my query is pizza and I want 1000 images of it

Related