How to determine if -server option set on your JVM instance

Viewed 4426

I'm trying to determine if the JVM (using jdk 1.7u3) -server option is enabled by default on my JVM instances. Based on my environment (Windows 2008 Server R2) and the Server-Class Machine detection information I'd expected it to be set though I'd like to know explicitly. Of course I could explicitly launch the JVM with the option, and I most probably will though is there a simply way to determine same.

I have already tried the following approaches, though neither seems to explicitly state what I'm looking for. Perhaps its encoded in some other details.

  1. View JVM via jVisualVM and look at JVM Arguments, not listed explicitly
  2. Programatically attempted to view the JVM arguments, matches those observed via jVisualVM

    RuntimeMXBean RuntimemxBean = ManagementFactory.getRuntimeMXBean();
    List<String> arguments = RuntimemxBean.getInputArguments();     
    
  3. Use JVM option -XX:+PrintCommandLineFlags, this provided verbose details though still no evidence that the -server option was set.

3 Answers
Related