Best practice to use Sprites in a game using AndEngine GLES2

Viewed 3398

Currently I am having static reference to all my sprites and loading and initializing them in my OnCreateResource mthod of SimpleBaseGameActivity, But now I have to override onAreaTouched listener on spirtes and the way I can override it while Initializing the Sprite. But I have a static method creating Atlas and Texture Region for every sprite. And I am using these sprites in my scene class and I want to override onAreaTouched there. I can registerTouchArea for that specific sprite in my scene so that can be done But I want to Override OnAreaTouched in a way so that Code reusability can be done. Here is how I am currently creating and loading sprites.

defualtCageSprite = createAndLoadSimpleSprite("bg.png", this, 450, 444);

And this is my Method createAndLoadSimpleSprite.

public static Sprite createAndLoadSimpleSprite(String name,
        SimpleBaseGameActivity activity, int width, int height) {

    BitmapTextureAtlas atlasForBGSprite = new BitmapTextureAtlas(
            activity.getTextureManager(), width, height);
    TextureRegion backgroundSpriteTextureRegion = BitmapTextureAtlasTextureRegionFactory
            .createFromAsset(atlasForBGSprite, activity, name, 0, 0);
    Sprite sprite = new Sprite(0, 0, backgroundSpriteTextureRegion,
            activity.getVertexBufferObjectManager());
    activity.getTextureManager().loadTexture(atlasForBGSprite);

    return sprite;
}

Now How Can I override onAreaTouched for some sprites while not losing the code reusability.

2 Answers
Related