Java setFullScreenWindow() keep on top

Viewed 12427

I'm writing an application that is intended to be run on a dual monitor setup, with a "Display" JFrame going fullscreen on one monitor and a "Control" JFrame on the other monitor, sending instructions to the Display. I've tried two separate methods of setting the Display fullscreen; the success of each seems to depend on the OS.

display.setUndecorated(true);
display.setExtendedState(JFrame.MAXIMIZED_BOTH);

Works in Windows, but the JFrame gets hidden under the dock/panels in OS X and Linux.

My other method, utilizing

GraphicsDevice.setFullScreenWindow(display);

Works in all three OSes that I tried, but in Windows, focusing the Control window on the other monitor makes the Display window hide, and calling

display.setAlwaysOnTop(true);

Doesn't fix the problem. I'm kind of partial to the GraphicsDevice method because I don't have to deal with the issues in OS X or Linux, and I'm hoping that the Windows problem is a simple fix. Is it?

2 Answers
Related