How to setup CNAME for Amazon S3 at Namecheap

Viewed 12422

I am using amazon S3 to host one of my static sites and wanted to link it to my domain name (domainname.co.uk). So I went into namecheap account-all host records and did something like this,

Screenshot of Namecheap control panel

However, It still doesnt work and throws 404 when I go the website url. BTW, under www option, am using my S3 url like this, conxxxxxxxxxxx.co.uk.s3-website-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com..

Notice the dot in the end, which is automatically added by Namecheap whenever I try to save, even without the dot. I am not sure if that's causing the issue but it just doesn't work for me.

Going directly to my AWS URL works fine, which implies that something is wrong with my CNAME setup.

Anyone know what am doing wrong here? Namecheap support had absolutely no clue either.

2 Answers

Its been a while since this questions was asked , but if anyone looking for NameCheap CNAME setup for static website in amazon AWS s3 bucket then please refer screenshot below. This setup for AWS S3 bucket hosting + NameCheap DNS record is working for me as of Jul 2019.

NameCheap CNAME record for AWS S3 website hosting

This setup is for pointing AWS S3 static website endpoint to your custom domain in NameCheap.

AWS S3 website endpoint

Please note if you are using AWS CloudFront SSL certificate then your CNAME record value will be the CloudFront domain name ( not the static website endpoint).

Related