Use querystring variables in MVC controller

Viewed 178319

I am new to C#.net MVC and am trying to add FullCalendar to an MVC application.

The FullCalendar script automatically adds ?start={}&end={} to the URL...which is fine, but I have no idea how to use querystring variables in a controller.

The methods I used in Webforms applications don't work. What do I need to add to the controller to access the querystring variables?

6 Answers

I had this problem while inheriting from ApiController instead of the regular Controller class. I solved it by using var container = Request.GetQueryNameValuePairs().ToLookup(x => x.Key, x => x.Value);

I followed this thread How to get Request Querystring values?

EDIT: After trying to filter through the container I was getting odd error messages. After going to my project properties and I unchecked the Optimize Code checkbox which changed so that all of a sudden the parameters in my controller where filled up from the url as I wanted.

Hopefully this will help someone with the same problem..

Related