Free geo data class library in C++ (Lat / Lng / distance / conversions)

Viewed 6423

I am looking for a free geo data class library. I need to convert different formats of Latitude / Longitude values (e.g as here), get distances between lat/lng values, coordinates in range, etc.

Google shows me several single methods / functions in C++, this is not the issue. Examples

  1. Calculating the distance between 2 latitudes and longitudes that are saved in a text file?
  2. Lat Long: http://www.codecogs.com/code/maths/geometry/spherical/latlong.php

What I am looking for is a more complete / sophisticated class library with some documentation and examples. Any hints?

-- Edit --

LatLong is such a library in Javascript: http://www.movable-type.co.uk/scripts/latlong.html
Will also check (C++): http://geographiclib.sourceforge.net/html/annotated.html

-- Edit 2 --

The transformation approach below is a good starter, however, if there are other great libs please let me know. Thanks to all who have contributed.

1 Answers
Related