Ruby on Rails - devise users/sign_out not working

Viewed 21122

I'm using devise sign_in and sign_up urls are working

but, when I try the url: http://localhost:3000/users/sign_out

it generates routing error

No route matches [GET] "/users/sign_out"

How can I fix this?

rake routes

rake routes
        new_user_session GET    /users/sign_in(.:format)           {:action=>"new", :controller=>"devise/sessions"}
            user_session POST   /users/sign_in(.:format)           {:action=>"create", :controller=>"devise/sessions"}
    destroy_user_session DELETE /users/sign_out(.:format)          {:action=>"destroy", :controller=>"devise/sessions"}
           user_password POST   /users/password(.:format)          {:action=>"create", :controller=>"devise/passwords"}
       new_user_password GET    /users/password/new(.:format)      {:action=>"new", :controller=>"devise/passwords"}
      edit_user_password GET    /users/password/edit(.:format)     {:action=>"edit", :controller=>"devise/passwords"}
                         PUT    /users/password(.:format)          {:action=>"update", :controller=>"devise/passwords"}
cancel_user_registration GET    /users/cancel(.:format)            {:action=>"cancel", :controller=>"devise/registrations"}
       user_registration POST   /users(.:format)                   {:action=>"create", :controller=>"devise/registrations"}
   new_user_registration GET    /users/sign_up(.:format)           {:action=>"new", :controller=>"devise/registrations"}
  edit_user_registration GET    /users/edit(.:format)              {:action=>"edit", :controller=>"devise/registrations"}
                         PUT    /users(.:format)                   {:action=>"update", :controller=>"devise/registrations"}
                         DELETE /users(.:format)                   {:action=>"destroy", :controller=>"devise/registrations"}
    status_message_index GET    /status_message(.:format)          {:action=>"index", :controller=>"status_message"}
                         POST   /status_message(.:format)          {:action=>"create", :controller=>"status_message"}
      new_status_message GET    /status_message/new(.:format)      {:action=>"new", :controller=>"status_message"}
     edit_status_message GET    /status_message/:id/edit(.:format) {:action=>"edit", :controller=>"status_message"}
          status_message GET    /status_message/:id(.:format)      {:action=>"show", :controller=>"status_message"}
                         PUT    /status_message/:id(.:format)      {:action=>"update", :controller=>"status_message"}
                         DELETE /status_message/:id(.:format)      {:action=>"destroy", :controller=>"status_message"}
                    home        /home(.:format)                    {:action=>"index", :controller=>"status_message"}
                    root        /                                  {:controller=>"home", :action=>"index"}

routes.rb

Microblog::Application.routes.draw do
  devise_for :users, :controllers => {:migrations => "users/registrations"}
  resources 'status_message'
  match 'home' => 'status_message#index'
  root :to => 'home#index'
end
5 Answers

Any of the above suggestions did not work for me....

This post can be more useful to find other alternatives. No route matches "/users/sign_out" devise rails 3

I had to add following lines in the application.js file

//= require_tree .
// Add following lines.
//= require jquery 
//= require jquery_ujs

Put this into app/views/layouts/application.html.erb

<%= stylesheet_link_tag    'application', media: 'all', 'data-turbolinks-track': 'reload' %>
<%= javascript_include_tag 'application', 'data-turbolinks-track': 'reload' %>

I hope it helps you

In routes.rb file

devise_scope :user do get '/users/sign_out' => 'devise/sessions#destroy' end
and in the sign out link add below code.

<%= link_to "Sign out", destroy_user_session_path, :method => :delete%>

Related