Get Django views.py to return and execute javascript

Viewed 15280

So I'm working with django and file uploads and I need a javascript function to execute after the file has been uploaded. I have a file upload handler in my views.py which looks like this:

def upload_file(request):   
    form = UploadFileForm(request.POST, request.FILES)
    if form.is_valid():        
        for f in request.FILES.getlist('fileAttachments'):     
            handle_uploaded_file(f)
        return HttpJavascriptResponse('parent.Response_OK();')
    else:
        return HttpResponse("Failed to upload attachment.")

And I found a django snippet from http://djangosnippets.org/snippets/341/ and I put the HttpJavascriptResponse class in my views.py code. It looks as follows:

class HttpJavascriptResponse(HttpResponse):
    def __init__(self,content):
       HttpResponse.__init__(self,content,mimetype="text/javascript")

However, when I upload a file the browser simple renders "parent.Response_OK();" on the screen instead of actually executing the javascript. And Chrome gives me the warning: "Resource interpreted as Document but transferred with MIME type text/javascript"

Is there anyway to get views.py to execute the script?

4 Answers

I ended up here looking for a way to serve a dynamic js file using django.

Here is my solution :

return render(request, 'myscript.js', {'foo':'bar'},
                        content_type="application/x-javascript")
Related