How can I write PHP code in PHP? I want to do this, but it doesn't work:
<?php echo '<?php echo \'aoeu\'; ?>'; ?>
Hope someone can give me a hint,
Many thanks
How can I write PHP code in PHP? I want to do this, but it doesn't work:
<?php echo '<?php echo \'aoeu\'; ?>'; ?>
Hope someone can give me a hint,
Many thanks
As a summary of many answers here you can echo o print php and html code by changing all special characters to its correspondent html special codes. Al least all '<' chars in string should be converted to '<'. There are many ways of doing this:
echo htmlspecialchars("<b>\"á'");
>> <b>"á'
This converts all characters needed for echoing code.
echo htmlentities("<b>\"á'");
>> <b>"á'
This does the same as htmlspecialchars but also converts all characters that have corresponding html codes.
Something worth noting is that single and double quotes have a different behavior as single quotes do not interpret variables inside them nor read escaped characters as such (except the single quote itself).
$foo = "value";
echo "I replace $foo with value and \n with line break";
>> I replace value with value and
with line break
echo 'I don\'t replace $foo with value nor \n with line break';
>> I don't replace $foo with value nor \n with line break
Also you could use heredoc syntax, that is equal as a double-quoted string but you don't need to escape them inside the string
echo <<<EOF
Your "string' here
EOF;
Or nowdoc syntax wich is the same but imitates a single-quoted string
echo <<<'EOF'
Your "string' here
EOF;
You can read all about these here: https://www.php.net/manual/es/language.types.string.php