How to use mercurial merge functionality for rejected hunks in a patch queue, without the deprecated qsave?

Viewed 2450

I have a repository and am using mq patch queue for unfinished changes. The patch queue is also under version control.

Let's say I have 2 patches p1 and p2 (applied in that order). Now I make a change on p1:

hg qnew p1
...
hg qnew p2
...
hg qref
hg com --mq -m"(Commit before reject)"
hg qpop p1
{make change}
hg qref
hg qpush -a

... and p2 fails to apply.

The standard way would now be to apply the rejected hunks manually. I want to use something like MqMergePatch which is nice and uses the merge of mercurial—but it is based on the deprecated feature:

hg qsave // deprecated: use "hg rebase" instead

My question is: how to do it with hg rebase?

EDIT

After having seen the log of the repository, I do not like at all what MqMergePatch does to it. My main goal in using patches is to have the repository's history clean, and not scattered with useless details.

2 Answers
Related