I want to encrypt/encode a string at compile time so that the original string does not appear in the compiled executable.
I've seen several examples but they can't take a string literal as argument. See the following example:
template<char c> struct add_three {
enum { value = c+3 };
};
template <char... Chars> struct EncryptCharsA {
static const char value[sizeof...(Chars) + 1];
};
template<char... Chars>
char const EncryptCharsA<Chars...>::value[sizeof...(Chars) + 1] = {
add_three<Chars>::value...
};
int main() {
std::cout << EncryptCharsA<'A','B','C'>::value << std::endl;
// prints "DEF"
}
I don't want to provide each character separately like it does. My goal is to pass a string literal like follows:
EncryptString<"String to encrypt">::value
There's also some examples like this one:
#define CRYPT8(str) { CRYPT8_(str "\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0") }
#define CRYPT8_(str) (str)[0] + 1, (str)[1] + 2, (str)[2] + 3, (str)[3] + 4, (str)[4] + 5, (str)[5] + 6, (str)[6] + 7, (str)[7] + 8, '\0'
// calling it
const char str[] = CRYPT8("ntdll");
But it limits the size of the string.
Is there any way to achieve what I want?