Change value of input and submit form in JavaScript

Viewed 245750

I'm currently working on a basic form. When you hit the submit button, it should first change the value of a field, and then submit the form as usual. It all looks a bit like this:

<form name="myform" id="myform" action="action.php">
    <input type="hidden" name="myinput" value="0" />
    <input type="text" name="message" value="" />
    <input type="submit" name="submit" onclick="DoSubmit()" />
</form>

And this is how far I've come with the JavaScript code. It changes "myinput"'s value to 1, but it does not submit the form.

function DoSubmit(){
  document.myform.myinput.value = '1';
  document.getElementById("myform").submit();
}
9 Answers

This might help you.

Your HTML

<form id="myform" action="action.php">
<input type="hidden" name="myinput" value="0" />
<input type="text" name="message" value="" />
<input type="submit" name="submit" onclick="save()" />
</form>

Your Script

    <script>
        function save(){
            $('#myinput').val('1');
            $('#form').submit();
        }
    </script>

I have done this and it works for me. At first you must add a script such as my SetHolderParent() and call in the html code like below.

function SetHolderParent(value) {
   alert(value);
}
<input type="submit" value="Submit" onclick="SetHolderParent(222);" />

Related