bouncycastle provider can't find classes needed for algorithm

Viewed 57015

I'm trying to use bouncycastle to encrypt a file using a public key. I've registered the provider programatically:

Security.addProvider(new BouncyCastleProvider());

I created the public key object successfully.

when i get to encrypting the file using a PGPEncryptedDataGenerator and the key I get a ClassNotFound exception.

It seems the provider can't find this class at runtime, though I know for sure I have its jar...

I'm running my app on tomcat. Using maven to handle dependencies - the bouncy castle jars I put are bcpg, bcprov, bcmail, bctsp. I tried using both the 1.4 and the 1.6 versions without success. I used the "dependency hierarchy" in maven plugin for eclipse and exclusions in the pom to make sure that there are no multiple versions of bouncycastle in my project.

This is the stack trace:

org.bouncycastle.openpgp.PGPException: exception encrypting session key
        at org.bouncycastle.openpgp.PGPEncryptedDataGenerator.open(Unknown Source)
        at org.bouncycastle.openpgp.PGPEncryptedDataGenerator.open(Unknown Source)
.....(web application stack trace and uninteresting stuff).....
Caused by: java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: No such algorithm: ElGamal/ECB/PKCS1Padding
        at javax.crypto.Cipher.getInstance(DashoA13*..)
        at org.bouncycastle.openpgp.PGPEncryptedDataGenerator$PubMethod.addSessionInfo(Unknown Source)
        ... 42 more
Caused by: java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: class configured for Cipher(provider: BC)cannot be found.
        at java.security.Provider$Service.getImplClass(Provider.java:1268)
        at java.security.Provider$Service.newInstance(Provider.java:1220)
        ... 44 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.JCEElGamalCipher$NoPadding
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1676)
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1521)
        at java.security.Provider$Service.getImplClass(Provider.java:1262)
3 Answers

You need to add javapns.jar and bcprove-jdk15on-1.47.jar file in your lib folder

import javapns.Push;

import org.apache.log4j.BasicConfigurator;

public class SendPushNotification {

  public static void main(String[] args) {

    try {

        BasicConfigurator.configure();
        Push.alert("Hello World!", "Cetificate.p12", "password", false,
                "mydeviceToken");

    } catch (Exception e) {
        System.out.println(e);
    }

   }

}
Related