Magento redirection problem after moving

Viewed 32742

I've moved my Magento to another server with another domain name, now it keeps linking me back to the old domain. All files and the entire database has been searched&replaced to ensure references are gone. Cache got removed. I suspect it still tries to use the old database so i modified the local.xml file containing the DB info but that doesn't change anything. Since there is no cache does anyone have any idea what goas wrong?

13 Answers

I just had this problem, after trying everything listed above and on several other SO answers i discovered there is more than one base_url definition in the core_config_data table

if you run

select * from core_config_data where path like '%base_url%'

You should see all of the definitions the scope was different on this definition and was overriding the default which i had already changed.

I had the same problem. If you can call your site by adding index.php to the URL (e.g. http://www.yoursite.de/index.php) then it is most likely a cache issue.

Open the developer console and disable the cache, or just delete the cache in the browser. Then call the URL. This solved it for me!

Related