How to correctly get image from 'Resources' folder in NetBeans

Viewed 186320

I have a Java Project in NetBeans 7.0.

I want to add some image to some label dynamically. The image will differ depending on the state of the program.

I put one such image, 'filling.jpg', in the 'resources' folder of my project.

I want to reach this file correctly (not by absolute or relative path, because that will cause problems when I build the jar file).

So I found this method:

ImageIcon fillingIcon = new ImageIcon(getClass().getClassLoader().getResource("filling.jpg"));
labelFontFilling.setIcon(fillingIcon);

It keeps give me java.lang.NullPointerException. But I am sure that there is that image, because I can assign the image to the label from the NetBeans Properties menu for that label (but I don't want this, I want to add the image by Java code).

What am I doing wrong, and how can I get that image correctly?

4 Answers

For me it worked like I had images in icons folder under src and I wrote below code.

new ImageIcon(getClass().getResource("/icons/rsz_measurment_01.png"));

Related