Where are compiled JSP Java (*__jsp.java) files?

Viewed 70214

I am getting a javax.servlet.jsp.JspException in one of the jsp files that my website is trying to render (survey.jsp). However, the stack trace does not give me the the specific line in jsp where it fails but rather the line number where it fails in (survey_jsp.java:787), which seems to be the compiled JSP file. Where do I find such files, so that I know what line is throwing this exception?

Thanks

EDIT: These files live in the /work directory if you are using tomcat as Will suggested in the comment below.

7 Answers

adding one more scenario: with eclipse and tomcat to run Spring MVC: you should find the _jsp.java files in your workspace folder:

\workspace.metadata.plugins\org.eclipse.wst.server.core\tmp0\work\Catalina\localhost[project Name]\org\apache\jsp\

also this is really based on your setting in tomcat: enter image description here

In my case, compiled jsps were under

 /var    
   |--cache    
       |-- tomcat8    
            |--Catalina
                   |--localhost
                          |--projectname
                                 |-- (etc...)

C:\Users\ADMIN\eclipse-workspace.metadata.plugins\org.eclipse.wst.server.core\tmp0\work\Catalina\localhost\JspDemo\org\apache\jsp

change link according to you project name.

Related