How to enable igbinary with memcached installed first

Viewed 24555

I have memcached installed with libmemcached. Also I have installed igbinary.

This is my php.ini:

; Directory in which the loadable extensions (modules) reside.
;extension_dir = "./"
extension_dir = "/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/"

extension=apc.so
apc.enabled=1
apc.shm_size=128M

extension=memcached.so
session.save_handler=memcached
session.save_path="127.0.0.1:11211"

extension=igbinary.so
session.serialize_handler=igbinary
igbinary.compact_strings=On

.

When I run phpinfo() i see that igbinary is enabled, but not for memcached:

apc
Serialization Support   php, igbinary 

igbinary
igbinary support    enabled
igbinary version    1.1.1
igbinary APC serializer ABI     0

Directive   Local Value Master Value
igbinary.compact_strings    On  On

Phpinfo() about memcached:

memcached
memcached support   enabled
Version     1.0.2
libmemcached version    0.51
Session support     yes
igbinary support    no 

That last line: igbinary support thats the question. Oddly enough, as you can see under the heading apc there is stated: Serialization Support php, igbinary.

So do someone know why I cannot enable igbinary for memcached?

Thanks!

4 Answers

It's now possible to pass configuration options to pecl install (see the PECL manual)

Here's how you'd install memcached with the igbinary serializer, and all other options left at their default values:

pecl install --configureoptions 'with-libmemcached-dir="no" with-zlib-dir="no" with-system-fastlz="no" enable-memcached-igbinary="yes" enable-memcached-msgpack="no" enable-memcached-json="no" enable-memcached-protocol="no" enable-memcached-sasl="yes" enable-memcached-session="yes"' memcached

The full list of options is defined here (look for the <configureoption> tags): https://github.com/php-memcached-dev/php-memcached/blob/master/package.xml

Related