SQLite - How do you join tables from different databases?

Viewed 81811

I have an application that uses a SQLite database and everything works the way it should. I'm now in the process of adding new functionalities that require a second SQLite database, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to join tables from the different databases.

If someone can help me out with this one, I'd really appreciate it!

Edit: See this question for an example case you can adapt to your language when you attach databases as mentioned in the accepted answer.

3 Answers

Here is a C# example to complete this Question

/// <summary>
/// attachSQL = attach 'C:\\WOI\\Daily SQL\\Attak.sqlite' as db1 */
/// path = "Path of the sqlite database file
/// sqlQuery  = @"Select A.SNo,A.MsgDate,A.ErrName,B.SNo as BSNo,B.Err as ErrAtB from Table1 as A 
///                    inner join db1.Labamba as B on 
///                    A.ErrName = B.Err";
/// </summary>
/// <param name="attachSQL"></param>
/// <param name="sqlQuery"></param>
public static DataTable GetDataTableFrom2DBFiles(string attachSQL, string sqlQuery)
{
    try
    {
        string conArtistName = "data source=" + path + ";";
        using (SQLiteConnection singleConnectionFor2DBFiles = new SQLiteConnection(conArtistName))
        {
            singleConnectionFor2DBFiles.Open();
            using (SQLiteCommand AttachCommand = new SQLiteCommand(attachSQL, singleConnectionFor2DBFiles))
            {
                AttachCommand.ExecuteNonQuery();
                using (SQLiteCommand SelectQueryCommand = new SQLiteCommand(sqlQuery, singleConnectionFor2DBFiles))
                {
                    using (DataTable dt = new DataTable())
                    {
                        using (SQLiteDataAdapter adapter = new SQLiteDataAdapter(SelectQueryCommand))
                        {
                            adapter.AcceptChangesDuringFill = true;
                            adapter.Fill(dt);
                            return dt;
                        }
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }
    catch (Exception ex)
    {
        MessageBox.Show("Use Process Exception method An error occurred");
        return null;
    }

}
Related