Safari Web Inspector Showing Up In New Window By Default

Viewed 17776

I've been using Chrome and am going back and forth between switching to Safari or staying with Chrome. My one small issue with Safari though is that the web inspector always shows up in a new window every time I toggle it. I press Command-Option-I and it opens in a new window and when I press Command-Option-I again it does not go away. I love the way the web inspector functions in Chrome and am wondering if there's a way to run the same way in Safari.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

8 Answers

I have had the issue for a long time. Here is the solution.

  1. Right-click on a web page and select inspect element.
  2. The console window appears in Fullscreen. Minimize the window like any Safari web page and it should a window like below.
  3. Just above the 'Elements' tab, you should be able to see 2 icons. Clicking the icon on the left, opens the Console in right side of the browser and clicking the icon on the right, opens the Console in bottom of the browser

Hope this helps.

Try clicking as shown:

enter image description here

I hope you get as shown:

enter image description here

I noticed when you have an open tab like the start page, the web inspector will pop up in a separate window. Also, there are no icons in the web inspector to attach it to the bottom or side. If you have a webpage open and do the same thing in the same window, that tab will have the web inspector attached to the bottom of the page (or whatever your attachment selection was prior).

Related