Facebook crossdomain.xml silverlight error

Viewed 916

I have a problem with crossdomain.xml that is located on Facebook photo servers. The first problem arises when Silverlight asks for clientaccesspolicy.xml – Facebook servers return 403 – Access Denied which is fine, since they also have crossdomain.xml deployed on their servers. Silverlight then asks for that crossdomain.xml and the response it gets is exactly this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE cross-domain-policy SYSTEM "http://www.macromedia.com/xml/dtds/cross-domain- policy.dtd">
<cross-domain-policy>
    <allow-access-from domain="*" secure="false" to-ports="*" />
    <site-control permitted-cross-domain-policies="master-only" />
</cross-domain-policy>

Then I played for a while with this, deployed that crossdomain.xml to my own servers and a got the same results – a security exception. Then I started moving things out and came to a conclusion that everything will work as desired if I only remove the to-ports="*" attribute? Does anyone has an idea how to overcome this, has anyone had the same problem before or is it something that I’m doing wrong?

2 Answers
Related