setEnabled(),setClickable() not working

Viewed 19432

I have used FrameLayout in which I have used two LinearLayouts. The second one is initially invisible but when I press a button on layout one, the second layout becomes visible and overlaps the first layout. What I want is when my second layout appears the first layout's elements should not be clickable (or enabled). For this I have tried setEnabled(false) and setClickable(false) but both of these are not working I am not getting what is the problem.

Code is as follows

TableLayout table; 

EditText edit;  
ScrollView scroll;

Button btn_save;
Button btn_layer_save;
Button btn_cross;

AlertDialog alert_dialog;

LinearLayout layout_above;

int primary_selected;

RadioButton radio_geo;
RadioButton radio_alumni;

String geo = "no" ;
String alumni = "no" ;

int color;
/** Called when the activity is first created. */
@Override
public void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState) 
{
    super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
    setContentView(R.layout.main);

    table = (TableLayout) findViewById(R.id.tableLayout1);
    edit = (EditText) findViewById(R.id.message_select_friends_edit_search);
    search_geo_name_list = new ArrayList<String>();
    search_id_list = new ArrayList<String>();

    scroll = (ScrollView) findViewById(R.id.register_scroll_view);

    btn_cross = (Button) findViewById(R.id.register_cross);
    btn_save = (Button) findViewById(R.id.register_save);
    btn_layer_save  = (Button) findViewById(R.id.register_layer_save);

    btn_cross.setOnClickListener(this);
    btn_save.setOnClickListener(this);
    btn_layer_save.setOnClickListener(this);

    layout_above = (LinearLayout) findViewById(R.id.regsiter_layout_layer_above);

    createTableRows(name_list,id_list);



}

void createTableRows(ArrayList<String> list_name , ArrayList<String> list_id )
{
    /*-----R O W S   O F   T A B L E   C R E A T E D   D Y N A M I C A L L Y ------*/
}

@Override
public void onClick(View v) 
{
    // TODO Auto-generated method stub

    switch (v.getId())
    {
    case R.id.register_save:

          layout_above.setVisibility(LinearLayout.VISIBLE);
          btn_save.setVisibility(LinearLayout.INVISIBLE);

        scroll.setEnabled(false);
        edit.setEnabled(false);
        edit.setClickable(false);
        scroll.setClickable(false);

        break;

    case R.id.register_cross:
        Toast.makeText(this, "Cross Cancel", 1000).show();
        Intent intent = new Intent(this, TestSave.class);
        startActivity(intent);
        finish();
        break;
    case R.id.register_layer_save:
        selectedInfo();
        break;

    } 

}`
4 Answers
Related