I get this stacktrace from the Market developer console every once in a while; I can't find any way to repro the error. It's happening while displaying a splashscreen ImageView as the app is first loading, but the stacktrace doesn't have any of my code. I don't even think my activity has even reached onCreate, though it's hard to tell without a log.
Indeed, I never actually use a Bitmap anywhere in my code; my only reference to the image is in my layout.xml.
<ImageView android:id="@+id/splashScreen"
android:layout_height="fill_parent"
android:layout_width="fill_parent"
android:src="@drawable/splashscreen"
android:scaleType="fitXY"
/>
The only thing I do with this ImageView is set its visibility to GONE when I'm finished starting.
Is there anything I can do about this?
java.lang.RuntimeException: Canvas: trying to use a recycled bitmap android.graphics.Bitmap@4721ec18
at android.graphics.Canvas.throwIfRecycled(Canvas.java:955)
at android.graphics.Canvas.drawBitmap(Canvas.java:1044)
at android.graphics.drawable.BitmapDrawable.draw(BitmapDrawable.java:323)
at android.widget.ImageView.onDraw(ImageView.java:923)
at android.view.View.draw(View.java:6761)
at android.view.ViewGroup.drawChild(ViewGroup.java:1663)
at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchDraw(ViewGroup.java:1390)
at android.view.View.buildDrawingCache(View.java:6517)
at android.view.View.getDrawingCache(View.java:6305)
at android.view.ViewGroup.drawChild(ViewGroup.java:1588)
at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchDraw(ViewGroup.java:1390)
at android.view.ViewGroup.drawChild(ViewGroup.java:1661)
at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchDraw(ViewGroup.java:1409)
at android.view.View.draw(View.java:6764)
at android.widget.FrameLayout.draw(FrameLayout.java:352)
at android.view.ViewGroup.drawChild(ViewGroup.java:1663)
at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchDraw(ViewGroup.java:1390)
at android.view.ViewGroup.drawChild(ViewGroup.java:1661)
at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchDraw(ViewGroup.java:1390)
at android.view.ViewGroup.drawChild(ViewGroup.java:1661)
at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchDraw(ViewGroup.java:1390)
at android.view.View.draw(View.java:6764)
at android.widget.FrameLayout.draw(FrameLayout.java:352)
at android.view.ViewGroup.drawChild(ViewGroup.java:1663)
at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchDraw(ViewGroup.java:1390)
at android.view.ViewGroup.drawChild(ViewGroup.java:1661)
at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchDraw(ViewGroup.java:1390)
at android.view.View.draw(View.java:6764)
at android.widget.FrameLayout.draw(FrameLayout.java:352)
at com.android.internal.policy.impl.PhoneWindow$DecorView.draw(PhoneWindow.java:1887)
at android.view.ViewRoot.draw(ViewRoot.java:1432)
at android.view.ViewRoot.performTraversals(ViewRoot.java:1167)
at android.view.ViewRoot.handleMessage(ViewRoot.java:1764)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:143)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5068)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:521)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:858)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:616)
at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)