How can I dismiss two modal view controller in succession *with animation*?

Viewed 7869

Yes, I know there's exactly same question, but I want to do this with double dismiss animation. How to Dismiss 2 Modal View Controllers in Succession?

my code is same as question above,

view controller A (in navigation controller) - modal view controller B - modal view controller C

here's pseudo code

notification to B (as delegate)      // I changed order of this two lines, 
dismiss C *without* animation    // but it was same. 

(notification from C, in B)
dismiss B *with* animation

If I use animation when I dismiss C, it doesn't work, B will not be dismiss, because dismiss animation of C is playing.

Problem is: I can't start another dismiss animation if there's animation playing.

Can I play dismiss animation in succession?

This is not only problem of dismiss animation, it can be also applied to other iOS animations.

P.S: I think I can use timer to wait until first animation ends, but it is dirty and not stable way, isn't it?

Small Talk: In my program,

  • A: article list view
  • B: write article view
  • C: login view (if user is not logged in)

today, I have to add join view, I have to dismiss 3 views in time lol how can I help this?

7 Answers
Related