From PHP code I want to create an json array:
[
{"region":"valore","price":"valore2"},
{"region":"valore","price":"valore2"},
{"region":"valore","price":"valore2"}
]
How can I do this?
From PHP code I want to create an json array:
[
{"region":"valore","price":"valore2"},
{"region":"valore","price":"valore2"},
{"region":"valore","price":"valore2"}
]
How can I do this?
That's how I am able to do with the help of solution given by @tdammers below. The following line will be placed inside foreach loop.
$array[] = array('power' => trim("Some value"), 'time' => "time here" );
And then encode the array with json encode function
json_encode(array('newvalue'=> $array), 200)
I created a crude and simple jsonOBJ class to use for my code. PHP does not include json functions like JavaScript/Node do. You have to iterate differently, but may be helpful.
<?php
// define a JSON Object class
class jsonOBJ {
private $_arr;
private $_arrName;
function __construct($arrName){
$this->_arrName = $arrName;
$this->_arr[$this->_arrName] = array();
}
function toArray(){return $this->_arr;}
function toString(){return json_encode($this->_arr);}
function push($newObjectElement){
$this->_arr[$this->_arrName][] = $newObjectElement; // array[$key]=$val;
}
function add($key,$val){
$this->_arr[$this->_arrName][] = array($key=>$val);
}
}
// create an instance of the object
$jsonObj = new jsonOBJ("locations");
// add items using one of two methods
$jsonObj->push(json_decode("{\"location\":\"TestLoc1\"}",true)); // from a JSON String
$jsonObj->push(json_decode("{\"location\":\"TestLoc2\"}",true));
$jsonObj->add("location","TestLoc3"); // from key:val pairs
echo "<pre>" . print_r($jsonObj->toArray(),1) . "</pre>";
echo "<br />" . $jsonObj->toString();
?>
Will output:
Array
(
[locations] => Array
(
[0] => Array
(
[location] => TestLoc1
)
[1] => Array
(
[location] => TestLoc2
)
[2] => Array
(
[location] => TestLoc3
)
)
)
{"locations":[{"location":"TestLoc1"},{"location":"TestLoc2"},{"location":"TestLoc3"}]}
To iterate, convert to a normal object:
$myObj = $jsonObj->toArray();
Then:
foreach($myObj["locations"] as $locationObj){
echo $locationObj["location"] ."<br />";
}
Outputs:
TestLoc1
TestLoc2
TestLoc3
Access direct:
$location = $myObj["locations"][0]["location"];
$location = $myObj["locations"][1]["location"];
A practical example:
// return a JSON Object (jsonOBJ) from the rows
function ParseRowsAsJSONObject($arrName, $rowRS){
$jsonArr = new jsonOBJ($arrName); // name of the json array
$rows = mysqli_num_rows($rowRS);
if($rows > 0){
while($rows > 0){
$rd = mysqli_fetch_assoc($rowRS);
$jsonArr->push($rd);
$rows--;
}
mysqli_free_result($rowRS);
}
return $jsonArr->toArray();
}