Execute SQL script from command line

Viewed 169347

I need to alter a database using a batch file, for a simple example, drop a table. I´m using local SQL Express (SQL Server 2008 R2) with user sa and its password.

How would the bat file be?

How can I specify in the script the password and that I use in SQL Express?

6 Answers

Feedback Guys, first create database example live; before execute sql file below.

sqlcmd -U SA -P yourPassword -S YourHost -d live -i live.sql

Firstly create an empty database in SQL server, then run this command.

sqlcmd -s ServerName -d CreatedDatabaseName -i ScriptFileName.sql

ScriptFileName should be with a complete path like "D:\Folder Name\ScriptFileName.sql".

You can also use -u and -p if you have userName and password in your sql server.

First set the path of MYSQL in Environment variable-> System variables-> Click on Path-> Add -> "C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 8.0\bin"

Open cmd-> navigate to the folder which has the sql script-> type as below -> mysql --user=root -p < employees.sql -> Enter the password which was set during MYSQL setup-> hit enter

Done.

CMD Screenshot after it worked form me

Related