Literate Haskell: References And Indexing

Viewed 901

Does Literate Haskell support indexing function names, typeclasses and variable references? Is there a filter I can run on Literate Haskell source that will do this and give me either a nice PDF manual or a hyperlinked HTML document.

These are a really nice features of noweb and CWEB which I think it would spur widespread adoption of Literate Haskell.

As an example, look at the word count program written in CWEB. The code chunk on the first page in item #4 is footnoted with where that code is used. LHS doesn't support chunks but I'd like to know where the code is being used:

  1. Comment describing func.

    func = id

    Used in: (X.Y.Z.f, A.B.C.g, Section 1.5)

    func2 = indefined

    Used in: (A.B.C.x, Section 2.1)

And additionally an index that aggregates all the function names and variables along where they're referenced in the document and by other functions etc.

1 Answers
Related