Remove the Extra Whitespace Surrounding Iframes?

Viewed 89168

I am using iframes in my page, and have stumbled across a weird issue. I set the iframe css like so

iframe {
    margin: none;
    padding: none;
    background: blue; /* this is just to make the frames easier to see */
    border: none;
}

However, there is still whitespace surrounding the iframe. I tested it in both Chrome and Firefox, and it's the same. I searched around, and I couldn't find anything. This whitespace doesn't show up in the Chrome console, either. Also, I already have the following CSS as well:

html, body {
    margin: 0px;
    padding: 0px;
    border: 0px;
    width: 100%;
    height: 100%;
}

JSFiddle: here

10 Answers

Since none of the given answers provided a solution for me (I also stumbled across the weird margin issue when implementing an iFrame) I found this to be working fine:

<iframe frameborder="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" src="/something"></iframe>

marginwidth and marginheight are not valid / officially supported HTML5-tags but they work just fine in my tests...

The problem is line-height setting, try adding line-height: 0; to the iframe container.

Related