I am using an unmanaged dll in cpp which I call from from my C# web project. It works fine on my localhost but simply does not work on my shared hosting, winhost. It happens when I try to use one of the function in the dll.
The error message I am getting is:
"Unable to load DLL 'dllTest.dll': The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)","errors":[{"name":"DllNotFoundException","message":"Unable to load DLL 'dllTest.dll': The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)"}]}
I am suspecting that it is a path issue. The dll in question, dllTest.dll is placed in my bin folder. I am not sure where it is searching for the dll but is there a way I can specify a path for the search of the dll. I can't find a way to specify a relative path to the dll.
I do not think it is a dependency issue because my dllTest.dll is just a simple test and it only contains a simple add function.
Or could not be other causes?
Thanks for the help.