How do I add a .properties file into my WAR using gradle?

Viewed 30488
WAR
   - META-INF
   - WEB-INF
       - classes
           - META-INF
               - myApp.properties <-- Needs added

How do I add a .properties file into my WAR using gradle? The file was later introduced into the project but doesn't get added?

build.gradle

import org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient
import org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.GetMethod

group = 'gradle'
version = '1.0'

apply plugin: 'war'
apply plugin: 'jetty'
apply plugin: 'eclipse'

eclipseProject 
{
  projectName = 'crap'
}

defaultTasks 'build'

dependencies 
{
   //all my dependencies
}

war 
{        
  classpath fileTree('lib')
}

jar.enabled = true

[jettyRun, jettyRunWar]*.daemon = true
stopKey = 'stoppit'
stopPort = 9451
httpPort = 8080
scanIntervalSeconds = 1
4 Answers

I normally use an environments folder from which I pick a given configuration file based on the deploy variable. Ex.:

from("environments/system.${env}.properties"){
        include "system.${env}.properties"
        into 'WEB-INF'
        rename("system.${env}.properties", 'system.properties')
}

the property is passed through gradle as:

./gradlew buildDocker  -Penv=prod
Related