CSS Input field text color of inputted text

Viewed 487294

I have an input field, and the color of the text in it is black. (I'm using jquery.placeholder) Let's say the text in there is "E-Mail"

When you click on this field, the black placeholding text dissapears (thanks to jquery.placeholder).

Any text inputted into this field, I want it to turn red, and when you deselect this field, I want it to stay red.

At the moment, the text saying "E-Mail" is black, and anything I type into is red, which is great, but as soon as i deselect, it goes back to black. Can anyone help me? I want the text to stay red, even after it's deselected. Here is my code

textarea:focus, input:focus {
    color: #ff0000;
}

input, select, textarea{
    color: #000;
}
5 Answers

If you want the placeholder text to be red you need to target it specifically in CSS.

Write:

input::placeholder{
  color: #f00;
}
Related