Generate a keystore for an Android app in the Export Android Application wizard?

Viewed 74835

I'm trying to export a signed Android application in Eclipse.

I think I'm going in the right direction:

  • Right click on project > Android Tools > Export Signed Application Package
  • The Export Android Application wizard appears.
  • Select the project I want to export, click Next.
  • The Keystore Selection screen appears.

It looks like this (forgive my ascii, file uploader not working):

[ ] Use existing keystore
[o] Create new keystore

Location: __________ [Browse]
Password: __________
Confirm: __________

I don't have an existing keystore, so I click the "Create new keystore" radio button. The location field remains active, must be filled, and if I browse to some directory I'd like the keystore to go after it's created, the dialog complains that "Keystore path is a directory."

  1. Is it actually possible to create a keystore with this dialog?
  2. If not, how can I create one? My google-fu has provided only failed experiments for me so far. I'm using Eclipse on a PC.

The Compile and sign with Eclipse ADT section in the android developer page seems to think this will just work out, but I can't get past this part of the dialog. I can export unsigned .apk files just fine.

Thank you!

3 Answers
Related