c# How to deal with Newline character, when moving strings to resources for Localization purpose?

Viewed 10703

I am writing a application in c#.For the localization purpose, I am moving all of my strings to resources.

Some example of strings:

  1. "First sentence.\n Second sentence."
  2. "wait..."

In first string there is newline character "\n".Should I move the newline character to resources too.

In second string, should I move the three dots to resources or should I split string in to two parts like "wait" + "..." and move only "wait" to resources.

I am using Google-translate to translate strings to other languages and i am afraid that newline character "\n" will not be translate well to other language by Google-translate, hence my hesitation to move newline character to resources.

This is my first take at localization.So suggest if you any further ideas or point me out in right direction.

Thanks.

2 Answers
Related