Installing/uninstalling my module with pip

Viewed 96315

I am going through the Learn Python the Hard Way, 2nd Edition book, and I am stuck on this problem: "Use your setup.py to install your own module and make sure it works, then use pip to uninstall it."
If I type

setup.py install

in the command line, I can install the module.

But when I type

pip uninstall setup.py

it says:

Cannot uninstall requirement setup.py, not installed

The pip package index says, http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pip, says:

pip is able to uninstall most installed packages with pip uninstall package-name.

Known exceptions include pure-distutils packages installed with python setup.py install >(such packages leave behind no metadata allowing determination of what files were >installed)

Is there another way to install my module that pip will recognize?

By the way, I'm using a windows computer. Just wanted to mention that in case there are different solutions for Windows, Linux, and Mac.

1 Answers
Related