How to Lower Heap Size of WebSphere Server

Viewed 13466

I tried to change the Heap Size of my local WebSphere Server instance to 2G using the "Run Administrative Console" function in RAD but apparently, that was too big of a number. Now, I can't start the server anymore and I get this error:

JVMJ9VM015W Initialization error for library j9gc23(2): Failed to instantiate heap.  2G requested
Could not create the Java virtual machine.

I can't just change it back to a lower number because I can't seem to use the "Run Admin Console" function without starting the server first so I was wondering if anyone knew where the config file is kept for this? How can fix this problem?

2 Answers

I have the same issue in IBM Engineering lifecycle installation:-

Problem:- JVMJ9VM015W Initialization error for library j9gc26(2): Failed to instantiate heap; Could not create the Java virtual machine.

Solution:- I just did it and solve my issue. If you don't have 16GB ram then please don't change the jazz server startup file. If you have 8GB ram then Only do not increase memory size in the server.: **set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Xmx4G** **set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Xms4G** **set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Xmn1G**

Related