UIWebView background color

Viewed 40369

I am loading an HTML string into a UIWebView in order to be able to view rich text. So far, so good. But I have one small problem: in my Nib file, I set the background attribute to green. However, when it is displayed, the background is white. Then, in the class file, I added the following

[myWebView setBackgroundColor:[UIColor greenColor]];
    [myWebView loadHTMLString:myString baseURL:nil];

However, the background is still white. I even tried reversing the order, but still comes out white background.

There is more text than the size of the UIWebView. I noticed that when I scroll down past the end of the text, the background is then green. How do I get the background for the text itself to be green?

Could you please advise me as to what I am doing wrong? Muchly appreciated.

5 Answers
UIWebView *webview =[[UIWebView alloc];

[webview setBackgroundColor:[UIColor whiteColor]];
Related