I'm struggling to make an alert come up when an anchor tag with a specific class is clicked inside of a div.
My html section in question looks like this...
<div id="foo">
<a class='bar' href='#'>Next</a>
</div>
The jQuery section is as follows..
$('.bar').click(function()
{
alert("CLICKED");
});
My problem is that I cannot get this alert to come up, I think that I'm properly selecting the class "next", but it won't pick it up for some reason. I've also tried almost everything on this page but nothing is working. If I don't try to specify the anchor tag i.e. $('#foo').click(function()... then it works, but there will be multiple anchor tags within this div, so simply having the alert executed when the div is clicked won't work for what I need. The website this is on is a search engine using ajax to send information to do_search.php. Within the do_search.php I make pagination decisions based on how many results are found, and if applicable, a next, previous, last, and first link may be made and echoed.
EDIT: I just figured it out, it was my placement of the .next function, since it wasn't created on the initial document load but instead after a result had been returned, I moved the .next function to the success part of the ajax function since that is where the buttons will be created if they need to be, now it works.