When I run the .jar, I get a "No lwjgl in java.library.path" error

Viewed 24648

I'm making a basic game in Java using the LWJGL Library via Netbeans.

I've created a library with the lwjgl, lwjgl_util, and jinput .jar's, and I added -Djava.library.path=C:\LWJGL\native\windows to the "Run" category in the project's properties.

When I run the file in Netbeans, it runs perfectly with no issue. But when I run the .jar via double-clicking the file, nothing pops up (not even the momentary cmd error window, as far as I can tell). And when I run the file via command line, I get:

C:\Users\200160765>java -jar "C:\Users\200160765\Documents\NetBeansProjects\Game
\dist\Game.jar"
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no lwjgl in java.libr
ary.path
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
        at org.lwjgl.Sys$1.run(Sys.java:73)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at org.lwjgl.Sys.doLoadLibrary(Sys.java:66)
        at org.lwjgl.Sys.loadLibrary(Sys.java:82)
        at org.lwjgl.Sys.<clinit>(Sys.java:99)
        at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.<clinit>(Display.java:130)
        at game.Draw.createWindow(Draw.java:198)
        at game.Draw.init(Draw.java:214)
        at game.Draw.run(Draw.java:56)
        at game.Main.main(Main.java:9)

I've tried moving the DLL's and .jar library files around to the 'lib' folder in the same directory as Game.jar, and moving them to the same directory as Game.jar, but I get the same error. Could someone help me as to why I can't seem to get this working outside of netbeans?

7 Answers

Another thing to check:

  • If you are using a 32 bit JVM, you need 32 bit libraries. (Even on a 64 bit OS)
  • If you are using a 64 bit JVM, you need 64 bit libraries.
Related